If you’re anything like me, you probably go to great lengths to get the freshest possible cup of coffee. A major part of that is finding a high-quality grinder. But how do you choose?
That’s where this blog comes in. I’ll be reviewing two of the most popular products, the Baratza Vario and the Niche Zero.
The Niche Zero is an innovative new grinder that’s completely customizable. The Vario is a classic grinder that’s been around for years. This blog will be a side
These are the topics we’ll cover in this Baratza Vario vs Niche Zero comparison:
- Characteristics that both grinders have.
- Which qualities are different between them.
- How to decide which one is suitable for you.
Let’s get started.
Baratza Vario Flat Burr Coffee Grinder
Welcome to Baratza’s Vario. This is the cheapest grinder in our line, but don’t let that cost fool you! It has all of the functionality and delicious results you would expect from an expensive grinder.
From generous grind settings to a massive bean hopper, this will quickly become your favorite piece of equipment during your morning routine.
So as long as you are looking for something that won’t break your budget but still offer incredibly precise grinding capabilities, give the Baratza Vario a call!
- Specialty Coffee Association Award Winning Grinders – Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and backed by Baratza’s world-class support.
- 230 Grind Settings – For dialing in espresso and all brewing methods (Aeropress, Hario V60, Chemex, French Press, and automatic brewers). Offers exceptional cup quality for home, office, or light commercial use.
- High Performance – 54mm professional ceramic flat burrs by Mahlkonig, provide high throughput and maintain sharpness, and a built-in digital timer provides precise dosing. Programmable buttons allow you to save up to 3 different presets for repeatable, one-touch grinding.
- Portafilter Holder – A heavy-duty, all-metal portaholder allows you to grind directly into your portafilter.
- Warranty/Quality Parts – Engineered with 54mm professional ceramic flat burrs by Mahlkonig in Germany, plus a powerful DC motor. This combination creates a consistent grind and durability ensuring the longevity users have come to expect from the Baratza brand. The Vario is backed by Baratza’s world-class support and a 1-year warranty.
Niche Zero Coffee Grinder
What once started as an innovative idea funded by the Indiegogo campaign has made a real splash into the coffee grinder community.
The Niche Zero is compact and beautiful in its design, as it’s a virtual replica of what most home chefs would already use in their kitchen slash bistros.
This is one to be on the lookout for if you want something that looks elegant and comes with automatic settings!